Saturday 8 August 2015

Review: Lee Stafford



During my placement at ITV's 'This Morning' I was very fortunate to meet Lee Stafford himself backstage and was kindly given some of his most famous products to add to my kit. I am hopeless when it comes to protecting and looking after my hair! I avoid getting it cut and trimmed, I never use heat protection (and trust me, I use ALOT of heat!) and I never really style it! I love styling other peoples hair, but I can never be bothered to put that amount of effort into myself. This has all changed...

'Nourishing miracle mist' Argan Oil
I love Argan Oil! Years ago when I use to 'experiment' with hair dye (bleach especially!) I really damaged my hair. It was never visible to others, but I could feel how dry and 'straw-like' it became. A couple of years later and I discovered Argan oil. This fantastic oil has replenished my hair and made it silky smooth. Up until now, I've been using Argan oil, which you pump into your hands and run through the hair. This Nourishing miracle mist is in spray form, which is fantastic for a more all over coverage. I apply the oil on towel-dried hair, but you can apply it on wet or dry hair. I've got quite thick hair, which means one lot was most certainly not enough! I mean, this isn't particularly different to any other Argan oil I've used because Argan oil is Argan oil, however, the spray has defiantly made a difference to the all over texture. 

'Shine Serum'
I've never used a shine serum before because I always assumed that Argan oil was enough. However, if you're like me, and love to straighten your hair for a sleeker look, then this Shine Serum is defiantly for you! I would advise using this serum instead of the Argan oil as both together (as I found out) can make the hair very, VERY shiny. I applied one pump into my hands, rubbed together and evenly ran through my hair. The fantastic thing about this serum, its non-grease! So if you find your hair tends to get greasy very quickly then you can still use this product. It is also enriched with vitamins A and E. Vitamin E is fantastic for promoting hair growth as well as preventing hair loss. Vitamin A is also brilliant for the hair as it helps to promote healthy ‘sebum’, which is an oily substance that is discharged from the scalp. This prevents hair drying out and breaking off. Once I straightened my hair I noticed how sleek it felt and looked. 

'Beach Babe' Sea salt spray
Sea salt spray has only really come into fashion this year. Most people use it to give the effect of the beach waves look without the dryness you would achieve from using mousse. I do love to put my hair in a messy bun or ponytail from time to time and so I like my hair to have a small 'crinkle' effect. I applied 'Beach babe' on to my towel-dried hair approximately 10 times (that’s what the label advised) and then let my hair dry during the night for a more natural look. When I woke up the following morning, my hair was silky smooth and soft, but had the affect of a 'beach goddess'! This made putting my hair into the perfect messy look almost too easy. This sea salt spray also smells of cocoa butter, which is one of my favourite scents! 

'Fat flexible hold' Hairspray
The first thing that I noticed about this hairspray is how nice it smelt! It was as if I had poured some of my Jimmy Choo EDP into the hairspray bottle! I don't usually curl my hair very often, or put it up for that matter (unless it's in a VERY messy bun!), however last Wednesday I thought 'Why not". I curled my hair and my hair extensions, to add to the length, using my GHD Eclipse straighteners and then flipped my hair over and hair sprayed with my hair upside down, and lightly ran my fingers through the curls to loosen them (this also adds more volume). Instead of my hair staying in place for most likely an hour, maybe 2 if I'm lucky, the curls actually stayed in place for a good 4-5 hours!


 'The big, fat texturized hair super spray'
When I read the label for this product I honestly thought it was a joke! "This product is a few products rolled into one. It has similar hold to hairspray, It gives more volume than a wax spray and gives a texture to a spray wax and a sea salt spray all in one." I mean, is that even possible? 
Yes, yes it is! I would advise using this on your hair if you’re going out with friends, especially if you’re going to a sweaty sticky nightclub! The hold is fantastic, but not stiff and yet the texture of the hair is delightful! You have to remember to give the bottle a good shake before use, until the substance inside turns to a more liquid form. I sprayed onto wet hair, purely because I was quite skeptical about my hair feeling and looking stiff or sticky! I ran my hands through my hair to make sure the product had evenly distributed and then I blow dried using a round brush to add more bounce (although I probably didn't need to!).

Overall, I feel my hair has defiantly had a good few days of pampering with these products. I would recommend anyone who wants to have fantastic, smoother and fuller hair to really give these products ago. If you would like to purchase any of the items then click here

No comments:

Post a Comment