Saturday 12 September 2015

REVIEW: Lippy Girl 'Ski Bunny' Lipstick


I was very lucky and excited to receive a Lippy Girl Lipstick earlier this week. I have never used a vegan cosmetic product before, but have always wanted to. So, this lipstick is classed as a Vegocentric Organic Vegan Lipstick (how fun does that sound!). I could choose from 8 shades. I know which colours suit me and which colours don't, so I wanted something quite nude but with a hint of pink! I chose the shade 'Ski Bunny'. 

I found the lipstick very good! I wore it to a family function on Friday and it lasted 4 hours before I had to top it up a little bit. For a lipstick, that is not bad at all! It didn't dry my lips out either which is something that can happen with lipsticks quite a bit without you even realising. So, the colour looks dark but it isn't! It is a very natural colour which is lovely because you can use it for a natural look as well as using a dark nude lipliner with it for a more 'going out' sort of look. It was not as shiny as I was expecting. In-fact, I didn't have to blot at all when I applied it! (I usually blot with a tissue to matte the lipstick out as well as to help it stay on for longer). The other amazing benefit about this lipstick... It doesn't bleed! So a Lipliner isn't necessary. 

The website claims: 

This premium line of amazing lipsticks are made with organic and wildcrafted, natural oils and waxes and only natural mineral pigments.  100% vegan, bee-free, gluten free and chemical free!  These lippies are made with certified organic Castor Seed Oil, Jojoba seed oil, Carnauba Wax, and Shea Butter for the smoothest, creamiest finish, and super pigmented with natural minerals.  Vegocentrics are moisturising and long lasting, and will not bleed!

Plus, Vegocentric Lippies come in a bigger and better size of 5grams, and 100% recyclable aluminum tubes!

Vegocentric lipsticks are simply the best vegan lipsticks available with no bees products or polybutene/petroleum.  We recommend you only raise the bullet in the tube minimally when applying, as they are very soft and creamy.

And I have to agree, the lipstick does all of the above! Lippy Girl Lipstick's retail at £12.50 GBP which is a really good price for the quality you get. I am a firm believer that you do not get the promise of a cosmetic product from the company if it retails for less than £5! I believe that the more you pay, the better the product. 

So, If you would like to purchase a vegan lipstick and prevent animal cruelty then I would defiantly choose Lippy Girl Cosmetics! Click here to be redirected to their lipstick page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment