Tuesday 8 November 2016

Yes, sweet Hummus does exist!


ChicP. I don't know what sounded more exciting when I saw this brand as I scrolled through my Instagram. The fact that it was Hummus, or that they also make savory Hummus. I am the biggest fan of this kind of food, so I was excited to try it out. ChicP kindly sent me 3 flavors:


  • Carrot, Ginger, and Turmeric Hummus
  • Beetroot, Horseradish, and Sage Hummus
  • Banana, Peanut Butter, and Cocoa Hummus


Let's start with the Carrot, Ginger, and Turmeric flavor. It was a very interesting texture, really smooth and one thing that stood out was how there wasn't the artificial taste of supermarket bought hummus. I thoroughly enjoyed this flavor, especially with toasted Pitta Bread. The main ingredient that stuck out to me had to be the Ginger, so if you're a Ginger lover then this flavor isn't for you! However, if you LOVE ginger like me, then you really should order some! 

The next to try was the Beetroot, Horseradish, and Sage hummus. I wasn't keen on this flavor at all. In fact, I could only stomach one mouthful. But, this was due to the fact I really dislike all 3 ingredients. I feel as though it wasn't going to work out from the start, but was worth a shot. I know many people that LOVE beetroot, so if you do, this is for sure something you'll want to try. 

Last, but most certainly not least, the sweet hummus! I love Banana and Cocoa, but I am not the biggest lover of Peanut Butter. This, however, didn't ruin the experience for me. The banana was most definitely the strongest ingredient and stood out like a sore thumb. It was really enjoyable, and I was most certainly have again. But, I heard that they also sell this flavor minus the Peanut Butter AND they also make one with Avocado as a replacement, so I might be making a trip to one of their stockists soon to try those both out. For this, I actually enjoyed the hummus with fresh fruit on sticks, it was a great healthy alternative to melted chocolate. 

Like the sound of the ChicP Hummus? Well, you are in for an extra treat! ChicP is launching in WholeFoods on the 9th of November 2016 (TOMORROW!) and is already selling at the Rude Health Cafe. So get your ass down to either to pick some up or alternatively, you can check out their website here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment